There is something about a rustic style wedding that really pulls on our sentimental heartstrings. Rustic weddings are not trendy, or even a fad, but a style, a wedding style. One that is heartwarming, sweet, diverse, creative and oh-so-much more. Rustic weddings are filled with textures, natural organics (think bark, trees, moss & rocks), patterns and other characteristic details that you will become very familiar with as you follow along with us this month. We are so excited to feature a variety of some fabulous rustic weddings including glamorous, vintage, handmade, DIY, retro, shabby chic and many more.
So what are some of the fun, distinctive details that define a rustic wedding? There’s burlap, lace, twine, cowboy (and girl) boots, suspenders, checks, plaid, wool, linen, mason jars, handmade wooden signs, moss covered monograms, sweet tea, homemade food and yes, barns. I could go on and on. Just wait until you see it all! Here’s just a small glimpse of what we’ve gathered in rustic goodness and a few sneak peeks too!
The settings of many rustic weddings take place in barns but are not limited to just this choice. Sadly, Vancouver & the Fraser Valley has a limited inventor of true barn like/Rustic venue, so some creative thinking is required when looking for the prefect RUSTIC venue for you.One of the best ways to make an indoor ceremony or reception rustic is to bring nature indoors –
- Brittany & Scott’s Saar’s Bank Wedding – NOTE, sadly Saar’s bank is no longer holding functions. There is hope that they may be able to re-few their license in the future, but at this point they are just a wonderful inspiration!!!
- Kelli & Chad’s Harris Barn Photos Shot – Harris Barn in on the Kirkland House property in Ladner, BC. A VERY popular Venue
Other Barn-like venue in Vancouver/Fraser valley
- The Orchard Chilliwack – Part of the Chilliwack Original Corn Maze, this property offers open fields for your ceremony, beautiful covered rustic pavilion for your reception, and all those wonderful rustic elements your looking for.
- Shelby’s Pond or http://shelbypond.blogspot.ca – Another unique Chilliwack property, on 7 acres nestled in the Fraser Valley surrounded by views of the mountains. For more information about the property or to book an event:?email@example.com
SUMMER CAMP WEDDINGS
Other Camp style venues that can host a wedding in the Vancouver / Fraser Valley included. Keep in mind that since most of theses do operate as a Childrens summer camp, wedding rentals are generally received for the months other then July & August
- * Sasamat Outdoor Centre – Port Moody, BC
- * Zajac Ranch – Mission , BC
- * Webb’s Holiday Acres – Aldergrove, BC
- * Camp Stillwood – Cultas Lake , BC
- Also look at retreat centers
- * Loon Lake – Maple Ridge, BC
CLASSIC RUSTIC LODGE
Rustic weddings come in all sorts of styles but some couples decide to plan a true classic rustic style wedding. A classic rustic style wedding has the elements of a lodge wedding and combine design elements from a woodland rustic weddings and northwoods style wedding.
A classic rustic style wedding is a farm wedding. Farm weddings can take place in any season and often bring a natural, earthy and simplicity style to a wedding.
Mountain Weddings – A mountain rustic wedding often takes place with a beautiful backdrop and breathtaking views . If you are planning a mountain style rustic wedding and are looking for mountain wedding ideas, mountain wedding inspiration or just mountain wedding pictures you can bet you will find the best mountain chic style weddings here. If your willing to do an semi destination wedding, locations in whistler, Sun Peaks, and Silver Stars Ski Resorts offer many opportunities
Rustic’ish Halls / Venues –
One of the best ways to make an indoor ceremony or reception rustic is to bring nature indoors . Look for venues with traditional “rustic” elements – traditional chunky exposed beams, large casement windows, venues that allow you to Experience the outside as well as the inside.